View Profile Sarkazm

4.22/5.00
Ranked # 1 for Score

heh

heh heh

now nothing will suprise me anymore.

!

DAMN that was bitter!
I didn't much laugh - it made me shiver..

still a nice movie.

it's vector perfect!

every shiny little detail, smooth animation - and the horrible truth about "funny flash" uncovered .... and the line:
"what about sarcasm?"
"no one ever gets that":) ....

!!

Supreme!

while the movie itself is not bad, and mostly kframed, the music is just TERRIBLE! i couldn't take it!
plus, the file size is giant! what could've taken up so much place? maybe that gruesome song is 190kpbs...

a lot of work put into this one...

though i'm not really sure how much of original Mignola's Hellboy was left in there... i never thought of hellboy as a batman-typa superhero - prowling on the rooftops, leaping from one scyscraper to another...
but the flash is really well done, AND it's long AND damn well detailed.
i best enjoyed the less detailed but smoother animations, i.e. hellboy bouncing from the ground when hit by explosion, and a bit less - the stills. they are very nicely drawn, but they cannot be animated dynamically...
and some sounds weren't at all good, and the music mixing limped in some places..
yeah, nag nag nag...
still, when compared to all flashes out there, it's first-class.

striving for originality... heh...

originality isn't just silly names and funky hair styles. And in my humble opinion originality just doesn't come from the way of thinking like: "hmmm... what to do to make it original?... I know, i'll name the main character Rainbow Desert Eagle".
And don't say your way of drawing also comes from "striving for originality", because somehow i cannot believe in that. You just draw this way to finish movies fast. A movie with up to 4 layers can be made almost in no time, specially when you don't put much effort in drawing.
The story itself just MIGHT be good and thrilling (i don't have enough patience to look through them all) but with your next movie try working A BIT harder with the graphics(4 layers???). I know it may be tough and you might not make it in 5 days, but i think it's worth trying.

this series, though not done very well, are suprisingly enthralling:)
keep'em coming

hmmm

yes, this requires a nice long review.
I really liked the concept. I really enjoyed the grotesque and overall climate.
In some ways it reminds me of my piece over here on Newgrounds (Aura), maybe it has something to do with the fact that we both come form the Other side of the world.
You share the obsession with flies, but i take this as pure coincidence (very funny for me though).
But some things in the making didn't turn out very good:
1. the perspective in the first scene is overdone - the layers run around too much and instead of perspective there is chaos
2. in some places the animation is far from perfect - like the part where the girl sees the knife - like she would change speed while falling. i don't find this intended
3. bad voices - they sound pretty effortless and are poor quality
4. overall sound - i had to regulate my speakers all the time + the fly looping sound was pretty annoying

eh... i don't want this review to be discouraging by just counting out the bad sides- by now this movie is in my favorites. The graphics, the concept and the climate are vey enjoyable. It's all about the animation - it takes A LOT of skill to make it do what you want it to do, but eventually it can be done.
Overall - good job Scarydoll.
+ i would very much like to know how do you see my own movie which was mentioned in here. how about giving it a nice review ey?:)

Scarydoll responds:

Yea I sure remember seeing your Aura the other month or something. Something about you lefthanded operating with the right mouse. Some of the scenes reminded me my Santa Crows in a way (funny :^) I liked Aura a lot and even shared the link on several forums. Your animation looked great and outstanding to me. However the story wasn't too clear - I could only figure out what was going on from your introduction. It was like nothing made the viewer guess that the man was actually the source of the bad aura or the reason of events happening around. That is my opinion. And I thought I gave you the highest score.

You're right about sounds - it has always been my weak point. I used to record them by shouting in hearphones, now I use video camera microphone but the result is still far from great, as you see.
And there're a lot I don't like about this movie either. But I spent 6 weeks making the piece so I got pretty sick of it. Felt like if I don't stop making it right now I will hardly ever :)
Anyway, thank you for your detailed professional comment, I appreciate it a lot.

So THAT's how Strawberryclock got to be the king of the portal!

Very yes.